October 27-29, 2017
Rolling Ridge Study Retreat (near Harpers Ferry, WV)
Poems fall not from a tree, really, but from the richly pollinated boughs of an ordinary life, buzzing, as lives are, with clamor and glory. // Barbara Kingsolver
To those who craft meaning through words. To those who think through their fingers. To those who are drawn to the act of pen against paper or the tapping of keys. To those who write as a means of processing experiences, expressing emotion, and becoming more engaged & present in life…
To those who love to write –
You are invited to a mountain cabin in the foothills of the Appalachians. Join us for:
- Space away from everyday rhythms to rest & write
- An opportunity to meet fellow writers & share work
- Nature journaling workshop led by Pennsylvania author, Brenda Lee Sieglitz
- Group sessions and guided exercises to help connect & spark creativity
- A chance to explore autumn on the mountain as inspiration for reflecting & imagining
- Time around the woodstove, word games, & nourishing meals
Retreat fee includes a bed in the cozy Retreat House, six home-cooked meals, programming & materials, and an abundance of warm beverages.
It costs $236 (single occupancy); or sign up to share a room with a friend or partner and pay a reduced fee of $186 each. The weekend is facilitated and hosted by Joy Houck Bauer & Katie Jones Pomeroy.
Scroll Down to Register & Pay Online Below
Other Helpful Links: